personal and business bankruptcy relief when you need it most
Port St. Lucie Bankruptcy Attorney
Almost everyone will face some kind of financial issue at some point in their lives. If you are one of the millions of people struggling with your finances due to an illness, job loss, or another event, bankruptcy might help.
Brian K. McMahon, P.A., Attorney at Law, has more than 30 years of experience handling bankruptcy cases in Florida. While bankruptcy may seem like a stressful option, our Port St. Lucie bankruptcy attorney can show you how it can save your finances.schedule free consultation
No one’s immune from financial challenges, and this is why the bankruptcy system exists. Essentially, it helps to legally unwind or terminate the contract between a creditor and yourself. Doing so will cancel your legal obligation to pay your debt. Bankruptcy can involve liquidation or reorganization, and most people and businesses file bankruptcy under Chapter 7, Chapter 13, or Chapter 11:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is used for discharging or eliminating most of a person’s debts or liquidating a business.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy is often used by an individual that earns a regular income to pay a debt over a specified time period. It’s also commonly used by debtors who want to save their home or any real property from foreclosure or those with complicated debts and don’t want to opt for chapter 7 due to equity in their assets.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy is utilized by individuals or businesses for reorganizing their finances while still owning, operating, and managing their property.
How Our Port St. Lucie Bankruptcy Attorney Can Help With Your Case
After deciding to file bankruptcy, choosing the right type of bankruptcy to ensure the best results for your situation is an important decision. Figuring out which type to file is dependent on various factors, such as your debts, assets, income, and your main goal for filing bankruptcy, among many others. Fortunately, Brian K. McMahon, P.A., Attorney at Law, can serve you by:
- Determining which bankruptcy case to file and the best time to file it.
- Helping you qualify for the best chapter for your case.
- Ensuring that you get to keep the property you need.
- Making sure you don’t get in trouble with the law.
It’s crucial to note that creditors will continue calling you until you file for bankruptcy. When this happens, do not tell them that you’re filing for bankruptcy because they will do all that they can to collect before they lose their legal right to collect from you. But if you have legal representation, you can simply refer your creditors to your attorney, and your attorney will handle the discussions with them.
Reach Out to a Top Port St. Lucie Bankruptcy Attorney Now
Considering bankruptcy? Please get in touch with Brian K. McMahon, P.A., Attorney at Law, to discuss your specific situation. With our skilled Port St. Lucie bankruptcy attorney working on your case, you can rest easy knowing you will receive solid legal guidance throughout the entire process and have a strong bankruptcy case. We will also make sure that you do not lose vital property unexpectedly.
Schedule your free consultation with our Port St. Lucie bankruptcy attorney by calling 772-228-6701 or filling out our online form.schedule free consultation